Public Relations (PR) is our Subcommittee that is often the first time someone hears about Narcotics Anonymous. PR is responsible for insuring the phone line is staffed. This Subcommittee deals with professional and non-professional inquire about NA, be it Doctors, Lawyers, Judges, parents, husbands, wives, children, partners, other family members or friends wanting information about what NA is and isn’t. PR explains the different type of meetings we have and how to access them. PR staffing of the phone line also deals with addicts seeking more information about the program, where meetings are, and the time of meetings.
PR updates the area’s meeting lists. PR insures that the meeting information is correct.
PR conducts two learning days, for the area, per year. Leaning days include, but are not limited to, orienting addicts that may want to be involved in H&I or staff the phone line.
PR develops posters that explain about WNCNA and in teams distribute the posters in our area.
How to get involved with PR:
- Come to the subcommittee meeting, the Wednesday before area at 5:30pm at Earthfare located at Westgate Shopping Center, 66 Westgate Parkway, Asheville, NC 28806
- There are lots of opportunities for service in PR
- No clean time requirement for participation in learning days and poster days
- 90 days clean time requirement for Phone line volunteers
- No clean time requirement for meeting list proofreaders
- 1 year clean time requirement for PR Secretary, and meeting list coordinator
If you are interested in getting involved or just curious about the PR subcommittee come to the subcommittee meeting the Wednesday before AREA, (AREA meets the third Saturday of each month) at Earthfare. For more information email email@example.com