Welcome to the Western North Carolina Area Service Committee[ASC]. Your task at hand is most important! You are THE PRIMARY LINK between the group members at YOUR Homegroup and the ASC.
As such it is your responsibility to:
- Carry the voting rights on area and regional proposals/motions, representing your homegroups’ collective conscience.
- Convey information from Area, Region and World back to your homegroup
- Bring the monthly Announcement sheet back to your homegroup
- Bring the latest meeting lists back to your homegroup
- Inform Area of any change regarding your homegroup
- Bring your homegroup donations to Area
To best fulfill your role as a GSR at the ASC meeting, these suggestions are recommended to help you represent your homegroup with responsibility and respect to the ASC as a whole.
- Our ASC meeting begins at 10:00am. Please arrive early & get settled.
- Turn in your donation to the Area Treasurer who will, in turn, give you a receipt to take back to the treasurer of your homegroup. Do this ASAP upon arrival so that the ASC meeting can begin promptly at 10:00am.
- Throughout the ASC meeting, take general notes of the happenings in our area so as to be able to return to your homegroup with a set of notes regarding the discussions and proposals presented at the ASC. You will be emailed the minutes from the meeting, but your notes and impressions will help.
We should always strive to carry accurate information back to our homegroups, not our opinions. We practice basic Consensus Based Decision Making during the ASC. A general description of what this entails can be found in WNCANA Policy Manual.
No one should vote or move on a proposal if they are not comfortable with the discussion, issue or proposal itself. You may, at any time, raise your hands to be recognized by the Area Chair and ask any question. We are never too busy to stop and answer questions. There are NO stupid questions. Together we can accomplish what we can not do alone.
This is just a small introduction to your area service commitment. You will get more information that can help you if you read the suggested reading material that is listed in this packet or go online to www.wncna.org.
Again, Welcome to the Western North Carolina Area Service Committee. Sit back, take notes and enjoy!
Thank You For Your Service!